Sunday, April 2, 2017

Not So Smooth Sailing

What is going right?! NOTHING. This production is bringing some serious frustration. First Adrianna, one of my actresses cannot make it and my other actress is running late. Then, the boat battery dies, we have to jump-start it and prey it remains running. My dad, sister, Alexis (my one remaining actress), and I head out through Islamorada Bay, up Tavernier Creek, and out into the open ocean. Of course, the seas are very rough for our unstable 17' flats boat and two person jet ski. We take it nice and steady 4 miles out to Little Conch Reef. Molasses ended up being just too far of a bouncy boat ride for our likings. Once we arrived and anchored, things began to run a little smoother, but not for too long. I was having trouble clearing my ears, which is necessary when filming free diving because you must also free diving yourself. Without clearing your ears, you can get inner ear squeeze and pretty bad headaches. Finally, I was able to equalize and filmed for about an hour and a half. The reef was beautiful and the water was the perfect temperature. After calling it a day, we began to drive the boat back towards shore when the battery blew a fuse. Thank gosh my dad knows enough about mechanics to get us home without having to wait hours for a tow. Overall, an eventful day.

Here is a sneak peak of some raw footage from today's filming...


No comments:

Post a Comment