Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Location is everything

Location, location, location! I want to film my intro somewhere my actresses Adriana, Alexis, my father, and myself are all familiar with. It's always easier to be comfortable in waters you are use to, and the three of us have been growing up in the waters of the Florida Keys. A local favorite is Molasses Reef off the south east side of Key Largo and directly south of the John Pennekamp State Park border. So, this is where my intro will be filmed. There are mooring balls to tie up to, so the boat will stay in one spot while filming and the backgrounds will look at least somewhat similar between the time we get in and get out of the water.

Here are some of my own images of Molasses: 




The deepest part of Molasses Reef is about 40 feet, which is deep enough to film free diving without including the bottom. It is also always clear, which is great for filming. 








I never thought I would have a legitimate excuse to go free diving instead of help with chores. 







No comments:

Post a Comment