Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Film Opening Inspiration


Sean McNamara's Soul Surfer was the first thing I thought of when I decided to make a biographical fiction based on Audrey Mestre's life as a free diver. I want to use Soul Surfer's film opening as inspiration for my own film opening.


I plan on using a friend's younger sister Adriana to play 11 year old Mestre and my friend Alexis as adult Mestre. My film will begin with "home-footage" of Mestre as a child, beginning her life as a free diver with a voiceover from her adult self. I will have to add a filter to the film of her childhood to make it look older than the "present day" film and to show an obvious difference between the two. Then, the film will transfer to Mestre (Alexis) on a boat heading out for the day, probably with a medium shot to show the setting and her facial expression of bliss. I plan on using a lot of pan shots tot show the environment in which I will be filming (the Florida Keys) and may even create a jump cut to show the transition of young Mestre "diving" into her present self, just as McNamara uses a jump cut to show the transition from young Bethany's home video to Anna Sophia Robb playing Bethany Hamilton.

All film taken above water will be taken on either a GoPro Hero 3 or a Canon Digital Camera and all underwater footage will be filmed on the GoPro. I will also be using a red lens filter to make the colors underwater more vibrant.

Until next post...







No comments:

Post a Comment